The AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution works. This blood red colored, gel textured peel got rid of texture I’ve had around my chin area forever after just one use. Like so many other users of this product have reported, my skin felt baby soft after the first use.
How to use: Apply it like a mask to your face with your fingers or a flat synthetic brush and leave it on for no more than 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, I take a warm, wet wash cloth and wipe off the gel, which does not harden so it’s easy to remove. I like to apply the Rose Hip Seed Oil afterwards to moisturize and protect the barrier of my skin.
More about The Ordinary’s AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution:
- It is a water-based facial mask with alpha and beta hydroxy acids.
- It fights acne and promotes even skin tone and texture.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic, lactic, tartaric, citric) exfoliate top layers of the skin for a bright, radiant complexion.
- Beta hydroxy acid (salicylic) exfoliates deep within the skin to unclog pores and clear congestion.
I do not experience a burning sensation while using this product, only mild tingling in certain areas of my face that goes away in half a minute. The 10 minutes it’s on my face is very comfortable. As directed, I avoid my eye area and avoid getting it into my eyes which is why I wipe the gel away with a wet wash cloth then rinse my face instead of just rinsing off the Peeling Solution while it’s still a mask on my face.
This really is a hero product of The Ordinary skincare line. When you consider the price of $7.20 for this professional grade, 32% acid peel, unless you have very sensitive skin, I would totally recommend picking it up and giving it a try.
- This product should not be used more than twice a week.
- This product should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin.
- Alpha hydroxy acids cause sun sensitivity so use sunscreen, wear protective clothing and limit sun exposure while using this product.
- This product is 30 ml (1 fl. oz.) and costs $7.20.
For me, this product is on my affordable, favorites and repurchase lists!